Concord SelectBoard Regular Meeting Minutes
May 7th 2013 6:00 Pm
Town Municipal Building
Select Board Town Clerk Citizens
George Morehouse, Chairman Absent Jim Jardin (Caledonian)
Robert Paquette, Vice Chair Louis Brach
Harold Lunnie Town Treasurer Larry Tighe
Chris Fournier Audra Girouard Sten Lium
Terri Williams Road Commissioner Trevor Colby (Sherriff)
Karl Goulding, AA Dane Thorgelsen
Meeting called to order @ 6:00pm by George Morehouse.
1. Minutes of April 2nd: Motion to accept the meeting minutes of April 2nd 2013 by Chris F. 2nd by Robert P. Vote 5-0
2. Citizens Concerns: George M. stated that the school children did a wonderful job helping with clean up during Green up day. George M. wanted the people to know about a church function during Memorial day (the church will be explaining the meaning of the American flag.)
Sten L. spoke on maybe finding an alternative power source at the transfer station. (will be discussed later). Sten L. then spoke on not wanting a key to the recycle shed, in case the power is out, to stop the senseless need of dropping off garbage if the transfer station is closed.
3. Listers Report: Lorain R. let the Selectboard know that the Listers are on schedule for grievances etc. Will be hoping to schedule their rollover for the end of May. Lorain R. asked the Selectboard how they wanted them to distribute their stipends for the coming fiscal year. The Listers will determine how to distribute the stipends between themselves. Lorain R. asked about updating the Tax Maps, the Selectboard concurred it should be done. The Listers are working towards getting out the Grand List early this year.
4. Town Treasurer Report: Audra G. reported on the Barabari Bankruptcy as it continues, and are waiting for a final date. We will be receiving the Milfoil watchers grant in the amount $5,800.00. Audra G. reported that the state will be issuing a separate grant in the amount over $45,000 to help towards the latest FEMA disasters. The Selectboard Chair will sign the grant application to receive that amount. (AOT Sub grant form). George M. wanted to stress the current fiscal report and making sure that the line items are being used. Karl G. will order $3,000.00 in street sign posts and anchors.
5. Town Clerk Report: Absent
6. Road Commissioner Report: Dane T. reported on the Town Road and Bridge standards, and asked for the Selectboard to sign them. (few changes have been made on it, pertaining to culverts, stone lining ditches). Motion to sign the Bridge and Roads Standards for the Town of Concord by Robert P. 2nd Terri W. Vote 5-0 Victory Road paving & guard rails needs to be placed out to bid. Motion to advertise for bids for Paving & Guardrails of Victory Road, Municipal Building parking lot and Fire station by Robert P. 2nd Harold L. Vote 5-0 Karl G. and Dane T. will work on advertising.
7. Town Truck: Dane T. reported on the truck estimates he received, the Lowest price was $175,000 (complete no warrantee) Highest $203,000 (complete with full warrantee). George M. is hoping that the Selectboard may be able to make a decision at the next meeting.
8. Transfer Station: George M. spoke on the issue of not having any alternative power at the compactor. Research will be done on having an electrician give the Selectboard a cost of having the Town Garage Generator being utilized at the compactor. Karl G. will also look into replacing the lights on the old side of the Garage and the Generator hook up. Dane T. reported on moving the sand pile and salt shed. Karl G. asked what the plans were for the old Dog Kennel, as people are inquiring about it. The Selectboard wants to keep a hold of it.
9. ATV Ordinance: Karl G. reported that he had a complaint on ATV usage on Mitchell RD by Aleta Mitchell and she would like NO ATV use on Mitchell Road between Leclair Road and Stagecoach Road added to the ATV Ordinance. Dan Hale (VASA) asked to also have the same verbiage added. Motion to start the ATV hearing process by Robert P. 2nd Chris F. with item H. being removed Vote 5-0 The Selectboard asked Karl G. to start the hearing process on the ATV Ordinance.
10. Other: Sherriff Trevor Colby gave his quarterly report for the Town of Concord in writing, (see attached at the end of meeting minutes.) 2012 peak calls were in June and July (23%) Vermont State Police are still doing 80% of the Town of Concords calls. Sherriff Colby said he expects to see this shift in the next coming years.
11. Public Records procedure: George M. reminded that this a carryover from a previous meeting and Karl G. will contact V.L.C.T. for their Template.
12. Waste Management Contract: Karl G. is looking for a direction on placing the waste hauling to bid or not. Motion to place the waste hauling to bid by Chris F. 2nd Robert P. Vote 5-0 Karl G. will place it out to bid.
13. Ratify Vote on Sweeper: Karl G. asked for a ratification on the purchase of the street sweeper vote. Motion to ratify the vote on the sweeper by Terri W. 2nd Chris F. Vote 5-0
14. Other: Stuart Gray spoke on the Health Officer and wants to know who will be taking over this position. Stuart G. said he would continue to be the Health Officer for a $1,000.00 stipend a year beginning July 1st. Motion to have Stuart Gray continue to be the Health Officer for $1,000.00 a year stipend by Chris F. 2nd Terri W. Vote 5-0
15. Larry Tighe reported on the survey work he has been doing for Polly Pratt. Larry T. needs the Selectboard to agree to an established property line, so Polly P. can receive a clean title to her property. Motion to establish the Property lines as discussed and shown on the survey map prepared by Larry Tighe, subject to the States resolution by Robert P. 2nd Harold L. Vote 5-0
16. Administrative Assistant:
Transfer Station attendant: Executive session (personnel)
Recycle Shed attendant: Executive session (personnel)
AOT Sub grant form: Was discussed under Treasurer report.
Security Camera Upgrade: Karl G. asked for direction as to what the Selectboard wanted to do? Motion to purchase three cameras (2 for the Transfer Station 1 for the Veterans monument) by Robert P. 2nd Harold L. Vote 4-1
Karl G. will contact the Animal Control Officer and offer him the opportunity to attend an Animal Control Officer Training Workshop.
Motion to go into Executive session for (personnel) by George M. 2nd Harold L. Vote 5-0 in @ 19:54 hrs. Out @ 20:38 hrs.
Motion to hire Denis LaMadelein Jr. as the Transfer Station attendant on a 30 day temp basis while the position is re advertised @ $12.00 an hour by Terri W. 2nd Harold L. Vote 5-0
Motion to hire Diane Descoteaux as the Recycle attendant by Chris F. 2nd Robert P. @ $12.00 an hour Vote 4-0-1
Adjournment: Motion to adjourn made by Chris F. 2nd By Harold L. All were in favor Vote 5-0 meeting adjourned @ 21:00 hrs.
Select Board Signatures:
George Morehouse, Chairman Date
Robert Paquette, Vice Chair Harold Lunnie
Chris Fournier Terri L. Williams
These meeting minutes were prepared on 05/07/13
2010 MINUTES ARCHIVE
2009 MINUTES ARCHIVE
2008 MINUTES ARCHIVE